With the 21st century parenting and managing the busy schedule, there is always something that the technology brings in to simplify the tasks. This stick blender is my favorite gadget in my kitchen that helps me fasten the cooking process especially when it comes to baby food. Nutribullet is known for its smooth textured purees, shakes and more that just comes handy while feeding a baby or toddler who is always on the run. The best part I love about is using this on the go nutribullet to make fresh and quick baby puree when you are traveling.
Table of Contents
- Can I use Nutribullet to make baby food?
- What can you make with a baby bullet?
- How do you clean a Nutribullet baby?
- How do you heat up a Nutribullet for baby food?
- Here are some purees, porridges and other baby foods that you can make in nutribullet:
Can I use Nutribullet to make baby food?
Yes! You can use Nutribullet to make baby food. Nutribullet is a food extractor which helps break down the food and make it easy for babies to eat.
In fact, it is perfect for making purees, porridge or shake for baby. With a powerful motor and a scot-free cleaning, it makes the whole process of making baby food easy and quick. For a busy parent, nutribullet helps make the baby food faster and also easy to store longer.
What can you make with a baby bullet?
While the baby bullet comes with cute storage cups, the regular nutribullet blender does the exact same job and can be used longer even after the baby is grown up. Here are my 5 reasons to use nutri bullet for baby food:
1. Creamy smooth Purees & Porridges
Making home made baby food purees can be smooth and silky as processed jars when you use the strong motor like nutribullet to grind and blend the baby food. I love the fact that I can just toss in couple of fruits and make a puree or a porridge. And also can be stored in the freezer for a long time.
I at times use the nutribullet to grind the veggies while making the soup or sauces which makes it creamy and smooth. Nutribullet grinds everything in 15 seconds.
Here are a few baby puree recipes to try with nutribullet to make baby food
2. Grinding Nuts and seeds
Nutribullet is a game changer when it comes to grinding nuts and seeds. I use the nutribullet to make the oat flour to make oats porridge; almond flour can be made in a few seconds; making homemade peanut butter and nut butters is easy.
Making your own cereal or any kind of powder is simple and easy with this blender. I at times use it to grind coffee or use it as a mortal & pestle to grind nuts and spices.
This powerful blender help you make any kind of smoothies in seconds. Toss in handful of fruits and vegetables of your choice to make a healthy smoothie.
- Encourage baby led weaning by giving the smoothie in a sippy cup or a straw cup.
- Freeze the smoothies in ice molds and let babies enjoy the Popsicle. This is also great for a teething baby.
Adding chickpeas in a nutribullet and making it a hummus or a chickpea puree is super easy and quick. It is creamy, healthy and enjoyed by a baby.
5. Protein Balls
Making protein balls are way easier by using a nutribullet to make baby food. It is an all time favorite snack for babies. I normally make these peanut jaggery protein balls for my toddler and store it for longer. Nutribullet has made the process super quick.
How do you clean a Nutribullet baby?
It is pretty easy to clean the nutribullet baby as it has a fewer parts and can be cleaned easily. It also can be put in a dishwasher to help clean quickly.
To clean a Nutribullet baby, follow these steps:
- Unplug the Nutribullet and disassemble the blender by removing the cup from the base, taking off the lid and the blades.
- Rinse the cup, lid, and blades under running water to remove any food residue.
- Fill the cup halfway with warm water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Reattach the blades to the cup and place it on the blender base.
- Turn on the blender for a few seconds to allow the soapy water to clean the blades and the cup.
- After blending, turn off the blender and carefully remove the cup from the base.
- Pour out the soapy water and rinse the cup, lid, and blades thoroughly under running water.
- Use a dish brush or a cloth to scrub any remaining residue or stains.
- Dry the components with a clean cloth or towel.
It’s important to clean the Nutribullet baby after every use to prevent bacteria growth and to maintain its functionality. Also, be sure to clean the blender immediately after use to avoid stubborn stains and buildup.
How do you heat up a Nutribullet for baby food?
It is not recommended heating up your Nutribullet as it is not designed for heating. Nutribullet blenders are typically used for blending and pureeing food, and not for heating or cooking food.
If you are trying to prepare baby food, there are several other ways to heat it up. One option is to warm the food in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave for a short period of time, checking frequently to ensure it is not too hot for your baby. Another option is to use a small pot or saucepan to warm the food on the stove.
Here are some purees, porridges and other baby foods that you can make in nutribullet:
1. Avocado Banana Puree
- 1/2 Avocado (peeled and scooped)
- 1 Banana (Ripened)
- Optionally you can add a few drops of formula or breastmilk
- 1/2 Apple (Peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup of roasted oats
- Hot water
- Blend them together and cook for 2 minutes.
- 1 cup Peanuts (Deskinned and roasted)
- 1 cup Jaggery/ Dates
- 1 Banana (Ripened)
- Oats (roasted)
- Hot water
- Blend them together and then cook for quick 2 minutes.
5. Spinach Soup
- 1 cup Spinach (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic