Is there a best high chair for BLW? With all the smushing, playing and throwing food around BLW can be very stressful on a high chair. It is smart to choose a high chair that help reduce the cleaning time while also encourage babies to enjoy their meal. If you are wondering what is BLW, here is an article with evidence.
There are some best high chairs that help with BLW with dishwasher friendly trays; inexpensive under $50 and easy to assemble & use.
Table of Contents
- What makes it a best high chair for BLW?
- Best High chair for BLW under 100$
- FAQs – Best High chair for BLW
What makes it a best high chair for BLW?
A few factors that help in deciding a high chair for your little one that are also easy to clean for adults include:
- Simple Design with not many nooks and corners so the food cramps cannot sneak in making it hard to clean. An easily detachable pieces helps in cleaning. Nowadays most high chairs come with detachable trays which are dishwasher safe.
- Good Ergonomic support is important which helps the baby sit comfortably while they eat. And sitting upright is the safest choice eliminating any kinds of choking hazards while they are eating.
- A high chair that grows with the Baby! While weaning happens in phases, we do not want to invest in a chair that cannot be used when baby grows to be a toddler. Invest in a high chair that grows with your baby and can be used as long as you can plan to.
When I had to pick a high chair for my daughter, I did not know what to look for in a high chair and just used the one I got from a friend as a recommended gift. I am so glad, I can now share what to look for after all the real time experiences I had with two kids.
You can choose the best high chair for blw by considering all the factors including the height of the chair, foot rest, color, texture, etc. Here are some high chairs that we personally used for our children.
Safety First Easy Care – We extensively used this booster seat for my daughter. It was compact and easy to carry around even when we travelled out of the country and my daughter totally enjoyed eating on her booster seat. The best part was the flexibility of using this seat – You can either put them on the floor and attach them to a chair and they grow with the baby. My daughter still uses them at 3 years to eat her meals. And super easy to clean them – tray is dishwasher friendly and you can easily clean the entire chair in your kitchen sink.
This is an affordable booster seat and you can get them for 45CDN at your nearest Walmart or Babiesrus store.
Ikea Antilop – This was a super affordable yet most useful high chair investment we ever did. The chair is basic but has a wide tray which makes it a best high chair for BLW. And super easy to clean. You also get a supporting back from Amazon for 17CDN which can help when you start with 6 month baby. And this high chair can be used until the baby is 2 or 3 year old. This most affordable high chair is one of the best high chair that can be used for BLW.
Best High chair for BLW under 100$
Here are a few easy BLW recipes that you can try:
- 3 Ingredient Banana Pancake
- Soft and Fluffy Scrambled Egg
- BLW French Toast Sticks
- Homemade Pesto Pizza/ Flatbread
- BLW Rice flour fritters
FAQs – Best High chair for BLW
Can I do Blw without high chair?
Absolutely! You do not necessarily need a high chair to encourage BLW. All you need is some kind of support to help baby sit unassisted. Baby can even sit of the lap or a supportive chair until he can sit up by himself. Most times, high chairs help family eat their meal peacefully and learn to eat by themselves.
Can a baby go in a high chair at 5 months?
Most babies will be ready to sit with support on high chair between 5 and 6 months. Until they are steady and can hold up their head, they can easily sit on the high chair with no risk.
At what age do you stop feeding in a high chair?
Between 18 months and 3 years, you can transition from high chair to kids dining table. Most kids will be able to sit by themselves by then. I preferred to let my kids decide when they wanted to stop feeding in a high chair.
What can I use instead of a high chair?
Booster seats make a great option instead of a bulky high chair. A simple seat on which the kid can sit up.